VCP7-CMA – Objective 6.3
Disclaimer: These are my notes from taking the 2V0-731 exam. If something doesn’t make sense, please feel free to reach out.
The goal of this objective is be comfortable with automated certain tasks based on the lifecycle state of a VM.
Objective 6.3 – Configure Virtual Machine Lifecycle Automation
- Configure automatic post-provisioning actions based on design criteria
- Configure automatic deactivation of a virtual machine based on condition criteria
- Configure automated event brokering for different status or event criteria based on design requirements
- Managing vRealize Automation
- Configuring vRealize Automation
- Life Cycle Extensibility
- Eric Shanks Pluralsight Course on vRA Extensibility (no longer have access so I can’t verify exactly what its called)
These all rely on creating vRO workflows based on specific events. Such as:
- Post-provisioning – Create DNS records, Update CMDB
- Automatic deactivation
- Automated event brokering
Workflow states are (snipped straight from Life Cycle Extensibility):
Workflow stubs are due to be deprecated, you should instead use event broker workflow subscriptions.
More details on these:
These can be used as the triggers when creating an event subscription workflow.